Optimism

 

Elephant Rocks Golf Course in Williams, Arizona.

I came across this post from 2022 in which I predicted I would not be able to play golf again due to a shoulder injury. Well the shoulder has taken a long time to heal, and it hasn't healed 100% even now, but I find I can play at least 9 holes of golf. I've mentioned before that I'm not a good patient. My psychology is a little to prone to pessimism.

The Elephant Rocks


Optimism is the best approach to life, but it's easy for me to forget at times. I recently took my clubs with me to Tennessee and played 9 holes with my brother Steve. It was a short course, mostly par 3 with two par 4 holes, but we had fun.

Steve teeing off at the much less scenic Smyrna Golf Course next to the Smyrna Airport, a former Air Force Base.


We somewhat have a shortage of public golf courses in northern Arizona but it's still possible to play golf here. I checked out Elephant Rocks Golf Course in Williams last weekend. It's a beautiful course on rolling hills lined by the ubiquitous ponderosa pines that typify the region. I bought a new glove to replace my old one that is about 15 years old and took a small bucket to the driving range. The leaves were changed up around 9000 feet on Bill Williams Mountain. Gorgeous day!

A few groves of aspen nearing peak color on Bill Williams Mountain.


Comments

Popular Posts