Luminous Skull

Ada cat, when she was just first showing symptoms of illness.


Last week I looked into the monsoon cloudy sky and saw a luminous skull in the clouds. It brought a wave of anxiety. I wondered if it had meaning or if it was a coincidence of weather. I wondered if it referred to my ill cat, or my elderly mother, or myself.

A second cousin died within twenty-four hours. I didn't know him well but it's a cause for rumination. I knew him from family gatherings when he was a college student. I was a small child. It's unnerving to know someone from early in life all the way to the grave.

I have no idea if the luminous skull in the clouds actually predicted the death, but it's weird. It seems to be part of getting old. 

Ada cat seems ok. I missed a couple of doses of medication administrations and she declined, but as long as I stay on schedule she seems to be ok. Is this what the rest of her life looks like?

I guess it bothers me that the other cat, Shadow, doesn't seem much concerned about her. If the roles were reversed, she would be concerned. She's an unusual cat. The best I can do is make sure I keep the med schedule and make sure she knows she is loved by me, if not by Shadow.

Comments

Popular Posts