Holiday Aftermath

 

The waterfall at Picture Canyon

Very difficult to wake up this Tuesday after the Labor Day holiday here in the US. I hit snooze. I was only off three days but I got used to sleeping late. It was a fun weekend I guess, but for one thing. The college football season has started and both of my teams won. That may be the last win for one of them but there's always hope.

I took Sunday off and rested (got nothing done). Then Monday I put out the flag, which I like to do on federal holidays, and met a friend for a hike at Picture Canyon, one of my favorites. Except the wind was blowing the wrong way and we were smelling the nearby sewage treatment plant and diesel exhaust from some small industrial site. You can't have everything I guess.

Ada


The one thing: unfortunately my old cat Ada (11) is showing some signs of illness. I took her to the veterinarian on Sunday and he found a mass in her abdomen. I have to drop her off on Thursday for blood, ultrasound, and possibly a cytology sample for a pathologist. This is a real downer. I love all my pets and Ada is as close to being the perfect house cat as any I've ever known. She's even outgrown the nagging. I hate that she might be experiencing discomfort. Hopefully I'll have a diagnosis within the next week or two.

Comments

Popular Posts