TN and Airports
I just got back from a family visit in Tennessee. I took an extra day off to recover, but I spent half of it running errands and doing household chores. No rest for the wicked. No rest for the good either. Basically there's no rest. At least it's going to be another short week.
The tomcat reverted to kittenhood, as he usually does when I'm away for a week. Following me around the house, getting in the way, climbing onto my shoulder and clinging to me with his claws. I look like I have a rash.
The air travel could have been worse, though it's surprising how busy the airports are at all times of year now. The only way to avoid the mobs is to travel in the middle of the night. The airport people and the airlines have realized that they can squeeze a maximum number of flights into an airport that exceeds the other human capacity of the airport. This has resulted in waiting lines for the restrooms, especially the women's rooms, a shortage of seating at times, uncomfortably warm air, and the general unpleasantness of walking down giant corridors of humanity.
The only solution is to be rich enough to fly private, which isn't a solution. I'm wary of regulation but I wouldn't complain if airports were prohibited from exceeding capacity like that. Maybe the next generation of airports will fix these issues? The only other solution I can think of is more airports.

Comments
Post a Comment