Insect Life


 

It's the time of year when the heat of the day no longer lingers into the evening and I have to retreat from my screen door garage into the house. For someone who grew up in the Great Lakes and Southeast regions there is a notable lack of insects after sunset. I think there are exactly two insects in this photo around the outdoor light by my garage, and it had been on for a couple of minutes. In Georgia, an outdoor lit space like this would be crawling with insects and a cloud of flying bugs swarming around it. Feels strange but I'm not complaining.

The screen door on my garage exists as much to keep my pets in as to keep insects out. Also, despite having fewer bugs overall we have ginormous spiders here, and they will be roaming around soon looking for mates.

Comments

Popular Posts