Multiblogging

My personal journal. Cats think they need to be involved in everything.


My urge to journal all the time has somewhat waned the further beyond the pandemic we get. But I work from home permanently now so I still feel isolated a lot and still want to write sometimes. Also, I have a compulsion to write that goes back to my childhood and I couldn't stop if I wanted to, which I don't.

This compulsion manifests in having three separate blogs, in addition to my languishing second novel (the first remains unpublished), and a separate handwritten journal. One of the blogs is somewhat neglected and reserved for my most controversial opinions and speculation so I don't advertise it here. But I do write in my other blog on the Ravine brand, Ravine Rantings. You can take a look at it if you are interested in critical reviews and opinion. It doesn't get much traffic but I also rarely promote any of my entries. I guess I've decided I'm not in it for fame or money. It's just something I like doing.

People who are successful at blogging form a definite theme, stick to it, and are somewhat bound to a relentless process of posting on a regular basis. I don't like the commitment of that and perhaps lack the focus. It's the same with social media stars and YouTube channels. You really have to stick to the plan and can't wander off topic, with the exception of a handful of charismatic personalities.

I guess I just don't have that.

Comments

Popular Posts