Apple vs. Microsoft

My 2015 MacBook Pro that still works like new, except for battery life. The blue fringe around the apple logo is some kind of camera effect that isn't visible to the naked eye.


The first version of Microsoft Windows that I used was 3.11. It sucked although I doubted the newer Windows user interfaces were actually better for about 15 or 20 years. All Windows 3.11 lacked was right-click functionality. And stability. And it also lacked true multitasking so I guess it wasn't really good at all.

I eventually went to Linux for a number of years, then when OS X came out, I abandoned Microsoft entirely except for work (Mac OS X is now known simply as MacOS). Microsoft's operating systems were inferior, and they still are, except for some enterprise features and gaming.

Whenever someone tells me Apple sucks I know they are a gamer. If you don't game, you would never say that. Apple is expensive but better for most applications, and is like a thousand times more reliable. If you can afford Apple, don't waste your time and money on Microsoft.

I have an 8 year old MacBook Pro. It works as well now as the day I bought it. Try that with a Windows machine.

I'm not a huge fan of gatekeeping on credentials, but this is a good time to mention that I have a degree in Computer Science and have worked in the field since 1998. It's reasonable to prefer Windows for the enterprise, and you will find other IT professionals that prefer Windows for personal use but they are usually gamers.

Comments

Popular Posts