Reset

 

I went wandering down Pumphouse Wash looking for a spot where a friend's ashes will be buried. It's kind of bringing me down.

I'm feeling a little aimless again, a consequence, I think, of my tentative plans to acquire a second home back east falling through. Inflation drove prices up and drove the Federal Reserve Bank to keep raising interest rates until I can't even finance anything. My family would like me to sell out and move back east but I refuse. I like Flagstaff too much. Apparently I will be here for at least the foreseeable future. I just wish I could spend more time with them.

I mean, it isn't terrible here or anything.

Bonito Prairie and the San Francisco Peaks. We kind of had a proto-monsoon in May, which is at least 6 weeks early. Some people were calling it "Maysoon."


I just need a little more focus in my life. I think it's time to start planning some recreational travel again. It will give me something to look forward to. But some of it may be a visit to family. If I'm not buying land or a house, then I might as well visit more.

Comments

Popular Posts