Snow Pack Check And Writing


 

We have another major winter storm coming in a couple of days, and half of the snow we got in January is still here, and we got a lot. It was the third snowiest January on record in Flagstaff. It's healthy snowpack but fresh snow is kind of adding insult to injury at this point. The good news is that the days are longer now and the average high temperatures trend up for the next few months. I can't wait for spring. It's just a few weeks now but there may be snow on the high trails until June.

I made some more progress on my novel and the way forward is clear for at least a couple thousand more words. I waffle around about abandoning it, and abandoning aspirations of ever being published (unless I self-publish), but I don't think I have it in me to stop. If I don't push through and finish this novel, I'll probably just start another one later.

I toy around with starting a themed blog with associated social media accounts. That is the way to succeed.  Here I have a lot of page views over time but recent posts never have much. Obviously this blog doesn't have a real theme. This is a personal blog and I write about whatever is at the top of my mind. I guess I long to be self-employed and would like to monetize my writing, but never quite make the leap. I doubt I'm good enough.

Comments

Popular Posts