Snowboarding

Northern Arizona in winter. It was a good day sliding downhill on a snowboard.


I think I've got 5 trips on my annual lift pass at the local ski resort. I've had so much trouble taking advantage of the investment that I decided to arrange a day off work to go. It was a beautiful, blue sky day, with temps in town above 60 Fahrenheit, around the low to mid 50s at the parking lot. It was a pretty good day for riding. I prefer the warm days even though it destroys the snow base. We haven't gotten much precipitation since late December and spring is shaping up to be high fire danger. The snowpack is pathetic right now, but I have high hopes for March. It's often a snowy month in Flagstaff, even in dry years.

My right snowboard binding had some issues. That's part of why I've been skiing instead. I've had spare parts on my Amazon shopping list for a couple of months but never got around to ordering so this morning I improvised a solution involving a screw, washer, and nut. So far it has performed well.

I'm still overweight and out of shape, and I got into another hypoxic state at the end of the day. It took me two or three hours to recover. But I've been exercising since mid-January and I think I'm going to have a good year for fitness. Right now I'm motivated to get back in shape. I need to. I'm not getting any younger.

Comments

Popular Posts