Progress Check-up


 

I'm trying to decide if I'm practicing my personal philosophy of always trying to get better. Lately if feels like I'm really just trying to keep things going. This is especially true with my job. I may feel a little better next month after a couple of conferences where I will learn new skills.

Around the house I think I have made some progress. I own too much stuff, and the stuff I own isn't well organized. There are too many things sitting around taking up floor space: boxes, cheap bookshelves and stands, old computer equipment. I'm trying to focus on throwing out or recycling things that I won't really use, and storing things I will use off the ground and organized so that they are easier to get to. It's working so far. I've put up some new shelves and hoisted a kayak off the garage floor.

Next up: hooks to hang up my ladders. After that, buy new tall book shelves so I can empty the old short shelves and hopefully consolidate into less square surface area. I can give away or throw away the small, cheap bookshelves, some of which I've had since I was a child.

It's a process.

Comments

Popular Posts