Rain Cycling

A rainy view from Snowbowl Road. This is just about at 8000 feet above sea level.

I know I've written how happy I am that we are finally receiving good rainfall, but Flagstaff has also been in the national news with cars floating down the street. I'm very fortunate that my neighborhood is not prone to that type of flooding. Not to mention somebody was just killed in the Grand Canyon by a flash flood.

Also:

Monday 8:00 - clear skies, I had to work, rained in the afternoon.

Tuesday 8:00 - same

Wednesday 8:00 - same

Thursday 8:00 - same

Friday 8:00 - same

Saturday 8:00 - yeah! Finally a day off, I'll go bicycling. Oh, wait, it's raining!

I went anyway. It wasn't too bad as I made my way slowly up Snowbowl Road but the downhill was fast enough to spray me with road grime. This is why commuter bikes have fenders. The ride went ok otherwise, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it all the way to the top on my upcoming birthday, when I have arranged a day off for the purpose. At least not without stopping to rest and probably eat on the way up. I'll prepare appropriately and hope for a couple of hours of dry road conditions.

The monsoon is an important source of water for dry Arizona, but it also floods people to death, destroys houses and cars, and generally ruins your plans.

Comments

Popular Posts