Tailspin

I rode the conveyer last weekend since I'm trying to learn how to ski properly. So far I have developed some directional control. I had difficulty when I had a lesson a few years ago but I realize now that I was overthinking it. Skiing is kind of intuitive once you understand the slope. I'm still terrible though.

I'm kind of in a personal tailspin at the moment. On the one hand I've gotten two doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and my health is improving due to some changes in diet and exercise. On the other hand, I've lost some very important-to-me things and generally feel like I'm running behind. I also realized that the protagonist of my new novel is probably the least interesting character in the story. That isn't good.

My creativity has been running high, and I finished a painting for the first time in about a year, but I have cabin fever and would prefer to be outdoors recreating rather than in the house paying bills, doing taxes, and drawing.



I got out last weekend to test out my new skis and enjoyed that, but it isn't the same as a good hike or bicycle ride, and the city is still buried in snow right now. Anyway I'm on call this coming weekend.

Some days you just want to pound your head on the wall.


Comments

Popular Posts