Input Avalanche

Oculus Rift DK2
Source: Raysonho @ Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons


I'm drowning in a sea of information. My work setup consists of three linked displays running off a single computer, and it frequently isn't enough. The nature of my work is such that to solve problems, I frequently need information from up to 5 different applications, if not more.

This type of complexity begs for automation as a solution. I'm uncertain what the exact solution will be, but suspect it involves virtual reality. I'm not aware of any electronic medical record companies working on this for business applications yet. So far, all effort seems to be focused on computer games and entertainment, but I suspect it will come for all businesses eventually. We'll dictate into a virtual reality display but probably still use a mouse or similar. Will it be available before I retire?

Comments

Popular Posts