The Travel Conundrum

 

Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, 2011.
I love travel. In this pandemic, it's difficult to make the decision to go. I haven't seen my family in almost a year and I'm worried to visit them, for fear of bringing the disease upon them.

On the other hand, I heard a BBC report a couple of weeks ago that the airline industry studied the transmission of Coronavirus Disease and found that only 44 cases could be tracked to air travel since a mask mandate was imposed. That's encouraging but my skeptical mind distrusts a study that was funded by the airlines. Consulting experts are often paid to issue favorable findings. Also, the number of passengers was something like 2 billion. How could they possibly track 2 billion people?

If I do not visit my mother around Christmas, it will be the longest either of us has ever gone without seeing each other. It's my fault for moving across the continent, but eventually I had to live my own life.

For now, I decide to not decide, and hope for a vaccine early next year.

Comments

Popular Posts