Psychology

By Jan Sanders van Hemessen - http://www.museodelprado.es/imagen/alta_resolucion/P01541.jpg, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=27499328


I don't really think I lost my mind at any point in my life. Instead, I think my mind was lost several generations back. We live in an era when people pretend that genetics don't count. That's false. This is the question of nature versus nurture. If you think about it, if craziness runs in the family then the nurturing may also be crazy. There could be both genetic craziness and a family tradition of craziness.

I guess I won't give details to avoid offending my relatives but I think several of us are crazy and not in a good way. In my own case it's mostly internal but sometimes a little escapes into the world for others to see. I'm not sure if it's something that could be diagnosed as a mental illness or if it's just a personality type but I can't imagine it's healthy.

Anyway I don't have much confidence in psychology. I consider it a primitive science at best, a pseudoscience at worst. That's based both on personal experience and education in neurobiology and artificial intelligence. I tried counseling last year and found it counterproductive and expensive.

I don't trust my own mind but I also don't trust those people.

Comments

Popular Posts