The Queen Is Dead, Long Live The King

 

Shadow, the King of the Household.

I've never been a monarchist, though sometimes I joke that democracy is going to turn me into one, but my household is ruled by a tyranny of cats. I'm still mourning my beloved Zelda but her throne had somewhat been usurped by my young tomcat Shadow in recent years anyway.

"The Queen is dead, long live the King!"

Zelda is gone and will never be forgotten as long as I live. But we have entered the new era of Shadow and his companion Ada Byron King-Noel, Countess Lovelace.

Ada, Countess Lovelace in her youth. She was about two in this photo.


The four year old king brings youthful energy and exuberance to the household. And also cuddles. I call him a "supercuddler" because he is by far the most cuddly pet I've ever lived with.

I took a full week of mourning but now it is time to resume normal life. We celebrate the past but look to the future.

Comments

Popular Posts