Embrace The Chaos

 

My living room right now. This is only about half the construction materials.

I'm busy both with work and in my personal life right now. I can't control work but the personal chaos was something of a choice. I put things off too long and now many things need done. Most of them cost money but I decide to just go ahead and spend and try to catch up.

Fortunately I'm in a rare mood for winter. As I have mentioned before several times on this blog I usually get depressed in the winter, but this year has been different. I have to admit it's probably from prescription medication. At this point I'm like "whatever works." I'm moving ahead with plans and juggling appointments and responsibilities.

The house is in an uproar as I have ordered new flooring and installation. They are giving away flooring right now by the way in case you need some. I guess the business is down so they have cut prices.

The problem is that I'm having to move furniture around and my living room is full of construction materials and packed with relocated furniture. This has upset my elderly, unwell cat Zelda. She always gets stressed by change, even rearranging furniture. She is taking out her frustration by peeing on the moved furniture. Ironically, or perhaps appropriately, her peeing all over the place is somewhat the reason for getting the carpet replaced. The new flooring will be much easier to clean. I have two bedrooms carpeted, the rest of the house is already hard floor of one kind or another so after this I will be done with carpet and not too soon.

Carpet also collects pet hair and pet dander at a prodigious rate. And cats tear it up by "sharpening their claws" on it. I don't think I'll ever have carpet again if I can help it. If you have cats or dogs it's a losing battle.

Cats.

Comments

Popular Posts