April Jackass Day

I've pretty much hated "April Fools' Day" since I was a kid. It's not that I don't have a sense of humor, it's just that it doesn't align with April Fools'. Also, the people who like the day tend to take it as an excuse to act like jerks. Like Carnival, people seem to believe it's a day when they don't have to practice the values they would usually live by. They lie and pretend it is a joke. It's strange to me that some people don't outgrow it. It just goes to show that some people will take any excuse available to act like a jackass.

Seen in Texas recently. Looks like a place where "alpha males" might hang out.


While I'm on the topic of jackasses, I also don't believe in a popular supposed dichotomy of men. There are guys who go around calling themselves "alphas" and other men "betas," like humans are a pack of wolves or something. I don't believe it. In my life all the way back into elementary school I have sometimes behaved like an alpha and other times behaved like a beta. I don't believe we are one or the other. It's situational or maybe a spectrum. When a guy refers to betas, I automatically think "alpha jackass." I doubt they realize that's what I'm thinking.

Jackass is my word of the day for April 1st.

Comments

Popular Posts