Clear Mind Through Running

 

The Arizona Trail in Buffalo Park. My favorite place to run.

I lack motivation for running right now, even though I'm trying to lose weight. It's because the days are shorter, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), but I think the looming threat of public disorder is contributing. Civil conflict brings me down.

I forced myself out night before last and ran 2.3 miles, a short distance for me, but since I had been putting it off, I was well rested and ran with complete comfort. Maybe I don't do rest and recovery properly?

It was nice to be able to think about nothing while I was running, as opposed to having to silently tell myself not to stop over and over again. When you get that runner's high going, it brings a clear state of mind with it.

One of my favorite places to be.

Comments

Popular Posts